Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 7, days 1 & 2

Week 7 indeedy!!

Did housework yesterday, backbreaking. House hasn't been so clean in a while. Then everyone else came home. SIGH.

Today, went to the beach to run. Was looking forward to it until I got there. It was hot, at 1230pm. Ran my "usual" route but got a stitch just at the halfway, going to turn back mark. Slowed down but it didn't go away so I caved and walked. It's kinda nice to finish up not-so-sweaty and out of breath but I really wanted to not stop! 

But - I googled it and learnt something! 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/health_and_fitness/4275830.stm
Must warm up more, what a bother~

2 comments:

opus2 said...

the people who tortured me years ago at outward bound school just told us to run through the stitch... as in, keep running and it will eventually go away. Run through the pain!!!! argh.

running stitch said...

you said it.... torture is the only word that comes to mind. though, maybe my mind is too weak.
Rara, Rasputin...