Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 7: Day 5

Finally ran this week! And I managed to run during a decent daytime hour, so I could run on the road instead of the treadmill - yippee. I ran almost 4k (my approximation) - I couldn't be bothered to measure out 3.6k so i just ran two rounds of my approximately 2k route. I ran at SPP and with SPS (Small Plodding Steps). Stopped a few times - a couple of times to catch my breath, and a couple of times due to mental weakness.

The ipod helped a ton, though! But between the embarrassing sweat stains and the earphone cord flopping about, I'm sure I looked like a dork...

AND I hurt my big toe. :( I have been running badly. Remember my previous post about running on the balls of my feet? Complete rubbish. You're not supposed to. Heel, toe, heel, toe. I've been landing on the balls of my feet too much, especially during the uphills, and the area behind the ball of my big toe (i.e. where the big toe meets the foot) now hurts. It's the sort of pain that's like a pinch nerve. I think I have to cushion it and start running better in order for it to heal.

No comments: