Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week 6: Days 1-3

Oops, getting really tardy on my posts.

Days 1 & 2: Ran 3.2km each! And I had to run them really late at night because I had no time during the day. What I'm learning now is that the mental challenge of staying focussed is toughest for me. Running 3.2 has been a REAL CHALLENGE cos I get bored and deflated very quickly.

So on Day 2 I finally succumbed and ran with an ipod. I never liked running with one because I don't like to feel... *fettered*... yeah, I'm probably being irrational. Cos in the end, the music REALLY HELPED to keep me focussed. I could run the whole 3.2 at a decent pace (though still no where near running stitch's pace!) and didn't stop once. Yaayy.

Gonna buy me an ipod shuffle now, so i don't have to run with a honking big ipod.

Day 3: Rest!!

2 comments:

running stitch said...

Uh-oh, I haven't actually run 3.2km yet.... and now I'm saddled with extra weight and flab after all that kelong eating!

running stitch said...

btw - I also used to dislike the idea of running with music but I do it all the time now! it really helps to distract me from the pain of the task a hand