Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week 17: Days 5 & 7

Ran on Friday - did only 3km cos i was feeling lazy. Decided to run "faster"... even though i don't know how much "faster" my "faster" really was. I have actually little to no recollection of this run by now. Running makes you lose your memory.

Today (day 7) I ran on the treadmill (better blog about it before i forget!). Normally I don't like treadmills but I guess one good thing about it was that it forces you to keep to a pace. So I ran at a slow pace - 7:30, which is really slow. (You get an F for your 2.4 if you run at this pace!) But, I've decided, this is a realistic pace for me in order to do 10k. Yeesh. Managed to run 45min which was about 6k. I was a gross, sweaty mess by then but you know the weird thing? I wasn't really panting hard by the time i was done. I was just really, really sweaty. Um.

Oh oh oh! And get this - chafing!! The inside of my right upper arm (just under my armpit) was chafing against my tanktop! Ahhh.. and it started burning even after a mere 2k! And for the rest of the run the sweat would burn it, and I would have to hold my right arm out like a chicken. Aaah. Vaseline!!!

No comments: