Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week 15, Day 6: Back to Running!

Finally! I dare say - it felt good! At least in the beginning...

I did a roughly 6k route today, and it was all going nicely along in the beginning. I even felt like I had missed running (after not having run for 2 weeks!! Ack.) The first 2k was nice. Then from 3k onwards, I started getting crabby. Then at 4.5k I totally peng san'ed. And the rest of the way was a walk/jog home. Sigh.

Here's the thing: it took me like 50 mins! How does the maths work out?? It doesn't! How can I do 6k in 50 mins... it makes me feel like I'm either running farther than I think, or the GE5k run was a less-than-5k bluff to boost our self-confidence. Ha!

Anyway, I shall now declare my goal for the 10K: 1 hour 10 mins. I know, "unrealistic" is my middle name. My other middle name is "mm zai si".

1 comment:

running stitch said...

10km is really far.... SIGH!

But to be able to say that "the first 2k was nice" is amazing, just think of how far you've come! and to be able to run 6k in 1 run is great!!