Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Week 16, Day 3

Ran today - beach. Was nice and windy, post-rain. Puddles everywhere, though.

From today's run I discovered:

(1) Mornings are a good time to run;
(2) I run better to slower music. Fast tempos get me to run faster and harder, but unsustainable. Today I ran while listening to Christmas music and carols;
(3) I can overtake some walking people (woohoo!);
(4) Eating, but in a small portion, before running is a good idea;
(5) I need a bigger towel.

It was crowded at the beach! Is everyone training for the marathon too? Or no one insane enough to run after 10am like I usually have to? Ran about 5km, taking 37 minutes. Gaaaaah.

Read article in SGRunners website about nutrition for running. This jelly thing has been corroborated! Honestly, I was quite skeptical at first.

Must google on doing weights training....

Played tennis yesterday too! Was fun, and weather was good.

Need a nap now.

1 comment:

opus2 said...

you're right- tempo of music is very important! I find the faster tunes better for me.. (Christmas carols?!?). And of course Jay Chou is inspiring and uplifting.

加油!!