Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Um, lost track

ok. This is not going well.

Ran last Saturday with Opus and it nearly killed us. Bedok Reservoir is terrible! Gravel-ly and super hot, and it was only 10+ in the morning. The Forest Adventure looks fun though, and it was all in the shade!

Anyway - before that, and since then, there has been no running whatsoever. I blame everything. Heat, rain, hormones, hunger pangs, heat, exams, bad throat, housework, sewing projects, emails, fixing dinners, homework, ferrying children, sick children....
On the bright side, I've been faithfully subscribing to alternative training strategy as espoused in The Independent. Opus and I love this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/healthy-living/marathon-training-the-cheats-guide-to-running-805731.html. It's not complicated - just eat jelly in bed. I had to modify this a little, since I don't like the idea of eating anything in bed. And, why stop at jelly?

Today this strategy kinda backfired. All my pent up hankering for dumpling noodles (the food centre was closed for 6 months. 6 MONTHS!!) did me in. While waiting for my takeaway order of noodles (of course I ordered the extra-everything version) I went to the SweetTalk bubble tea shop and ordered (urgh, feeling ill all over again at the memory) a cup of chocolate ice-blended milk tea with oreos and pearls. I was so hungry then, I finished half the cup in no time. Picked up the noodles, and mmmm, was feeling bloated by then but undeterred - and all in the name of injury-free training - I ate it all up.

Yeah, I'm much better now than 2 hours ago. Haven't felt so ill in a long time! Man, may have to consider going for a run! (boo)

Did we also say we picked up our running kits & bibs? Am so not looking forward to eating the dust of ah sohs and kids. How???

1 comment:

opus2 said...

ditto to everything you said. and today, i totally thought of running too.