Sunday, October 19, 2008

T minus 7

Ran my "about 4k" route today - and I didn't stop!! Yay!!! Of course I was just plodding at a slow pace, but still, an improvement from before. And it was all because I applied the lesson I learned at Bedok Reservoir which was: look out for dead bodies.

No, the other lesson: start, find and stay at a REALISTIC PACE. Otherwise, if you go too fast, then you just conk out early and there's no saving you after that.

That said, the last 500m killed a little. And now me legs are all wobbly.

To start the countdown to 5k day, I shall state my goals:

1. Finish within 40min (alas, I don't think this will be possible...but one must dream, yes?)
2. Pass at least several Ah Sohs.
3. When running across the finish line, there had better NOT be any Ah Sohs walking across the finish line at the same time.
4. Don't stop running.

I aim to achieve at least 3 of the above items. Gogogogogogogogo.

1 comment:

running stitch said...

Excellent - you go, girl!

What wonderful lessons from that 1 trip to Bedok Reservoir! I learnt:

(a) Sunblock is important
(b) Towels are important
(c) I can never surrender, never surrenderrrrr.....