Friday, April 24, 2009

Training Week #2

AIGOO! (Apparently, that's "aiyo" in Korean).

On Tuesday, I text K and ask if Thursday running is on (I pray that for raincheck or real rain) and she replies "Yes running for sure!" Aieee.

Thursday rolls around and we meet at school lobby again. Today, it's scorching. And still. And muggy. I want to give up already.
But no, we go to the beach. Is enthusiasm infectious? Or is it insanity in disguise?

Warm up and chat and then run. We head in the opposite direction, thinking it may have more shaded pathways. Wrong! It was mostly uncovered, and even the pavement was hot hot hot under my feet. Breathing was tortuous.

I let K run ahead though she slowed down a little so I could try to keep up. She exclaims, if I was on my own I'd given up way back! Even the heat is deterring the dear android.

No idea how far we ran but the consolation was, she admitted after last week's run she could barely move her legs. Hee. I was ok after last week's sprint but how she can run so fast this week again, beats me.

We agree that running with a buddy helps keep us on our toes/feet. So till next week.... but don't hold your breath.

__________________________

That was yesterday. Today, I was struggling with whether to just sit by the pool and finish some reading, or go to the gym. I decide to be a good role model and exercise, though I'd really rather just stay in bed and not change out of jammies the whole day.... Treadmill run, for 20 minutes and then some weights. I've put on a whole kilo! Am very angry, and tell myself to stop thinking of curry puffs. Good news is, I was able to run at average speed of 6:30! I think I deserve a Cornetto.

2 comments:

opus2 said...

mmm. i've been thinking about currypuffs too.

running stitch said...

found a really nice curry puff shop, at Old Airport Road! after 2nd week of droid training I went to stuff face by self (yes, very sad one) at the food centre and had shrimp and scallop cheong fun plus a huge curry puff!