Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back in the saddle!

It's been WAAAY too long since I ran regularly. And I can feel it - it hurts. My body's forgotten how to run, how it feels to run, and I feel like my stamina has dipped. Sigh.

It's been a few days since I started up again and at least I don't feel as whiney and complainy as I felt last Thursday when I started. (Be glad I didn't blog THEN!)

Today, the most exciting thing that happened was that my ipod earphones finally pooped out. I had been told that would happen - all that icky sweat will kill your earphones. So today, as I was running I realised I couldn't hear parts of the song - specifically, the main vocals and the drums. I could only hear guitars and backing vocals. Weird. It was like I was running with a soundtrack of minus one karaoke tracks. Hm.

New earphone time!

3 comments:

running stitch said...

yeah! I was thinking of new earphones for running too, while we were in Japan! But first, some research

opus2 said...

i think the moral of the story is just buy lots of cheap earphones! Cheap!

(isn't it sad that we're the only ones reading and commenting on our OWN blog?... well, except for Carrie. Hi Carrie!)

Carrie said...

hi! that's really hardcore, running until your earphones conk out. Mine haven't so I must sweat - run less.

I won't feel like a real runner until I have them conk out on me too!