Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ouch

Yesterday I decided to try out the new trainers. This is after zero running the past 10 days. I took the advice of the NB guy at the shop and took it easy...he had painted a picture of the worst case scenario and I really had no idea how difficult or painful it would be to run on these new shoes.

To be safe, I wanted to be near the car in case I had to crawl back. Ended up running little circles in the  Bougainvillea Park. So many people at the beach today!

The shoes feel great, fit like a glove though now I'm much more aware of how the left and right feet are not quite symmetrical. They are almost weightless and you can feel what's you're stepping on, so I was extra careful to avoid pebbles and cones.

Urgh.  I ran for about 10 minutes, slowly and deliberately trying to land mid-foot, and then stretched. Could already feel tense in my calves. Another 10 minutes and I'm done, I thought.  But I couldn't even make 5 more minutes.....

Today, I'm suffering. Yes I stubbornly refused The Stick.  I can hobble along but it's torture to go down stairs.

Is this a sign I'm doing it right?

1 comment:

opus2 said...

Why would you refuse The Stick??! The Stick is awesome.