Monday, May 18, 2009

Aunties: Bane of All Runners

Usually when I run, I start composing my blog entry in my head. My positive, encouraging, triumphant blog entry about how well my plodding pace is going and how I am not going to walk this time! All was going well - I was feeling quite proud of myself today too, seeing as I took the dog for walkies (twice!), played tennis AND ran.

So there I was, rather pleased with myself, less than 1km from home, when... I get passed by an Auntie! Not just slowly passed but *extremely* passed - she zipped right by me! She was holding a towel in one hand and a water bottle in the other - that's how auntie she was!

BOo hoo hoo.

My only comfort was that she stopped running about 100m ahead of me. Which leads me to believe that her entire run was only 110m, not the awe-inspiring 3.5k I did. Ha.

No comments: