Thursday, November 12, 2015

GE Women's Run 2015

We ran. We panted. 

1 November 2015, GE Women's Run... Once again, Opus and I did the 10k. Favourite run! Great route, well-organised, and like Opus says, it's all girls and no sweaty men. Aaaah. And this year, they had volunteers spray you with sunblock while you're in the starting pen waiting for the gun. So thoughtful!

Another new feature this year was the tutus. Yes, TUTUS! Women who were running for a cause they supported chose to wear a tutu while they ran. Many did so. And the tutus came in all colours and some took the effort to decorate their tutus with badges, feathers, pompoms, lace, hand drawn pictures and embroidered motifs. Really cute. A super girly run.

The haze cleared a few days before so it was all systems go as far as the weather was concerned. I'd been down a cold the past week or so and wasn't sure how I'd feel on the day itself but was quite sure I wanted to run anyway as long as the PSI was below 100 on race day.

It turned out to be a great sunshiny day! It had been raining too so it was nice and clear. Met J and Opus but second year in a row. we just couldn't find C. We were flagged off in the second wave and it was a good, comfortable run.

I'm really getting used to the NB Nimbus zero drop shoes though it seems that NB is phasing them out of production. They're getting harder and harder to find! I'm not sure it's such a good idea to stock up on them either.

Post run, they offered the BEST drink - sparkling Ice Mountain! Only gripe is that them organisers were a tad stingy. Only one bottle per runner. Bah. Oh wait. One more bit of unhappy news - no Nando's this year!!! And heyyyy, where was the bouncy castle this year?!


Anyway, I decided to do a screen grab of my timing to help me track how I've been performing.


Quite happy with the time. Tried to push through even during the slightly uphill bits, didn't let myself stop but tried to change my stride, take deeper breaths and think calm, happy thoughts of getting a cold shower and possibly prata for lunch. Whatever it takes, right?

No comments: