Saturday, December 13, 2008

A New Beginner

Hello, loyal reader(s)! Yes, it's been a whole week - that's how long it's taken me to recover... Last week's 10K went well! Yay to us. I did just ok, but I'm happy with my time and race position (1:25 and came in with the first 35% of the women's 10k runners). And runningstitch did AWESOME! (1:15 and top 14%!!) Woo-hoo!

I think I didn't eat enough of a breakfast so at about 7km I was *starving*!! Resources depleted. Systems shutting down. Ha ha. That's my excuse. Anyway, I was all sore and feeling - oddly - congested for a couple of days after. So... I prescribed myself plenty, plenty of rest.

And today, finally, I ran again. This time, with no deadline looming, I'm really going to try to improve my pace. Ran "faster" on the treadmill today. Did about a 6:35min/k for 3k and that was not too bad, though I doubt I could have made it for longer. The thing is, I think there is truth to the fact that you *can* run too slowly. Too slowly and you actually expend a lot of energy still - so it's not necessarily any better; in fact, it's more inefficient. So... let's see how I manage to improve...

Onward!

p.s. need new shoes, just like runningstitch! hehehe

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah, that first run....my first run after that 10k with no goal in sight was proof that I was really a 'changed woman'.

Well done both of you! Thanks for logging and sharing the journey. Look forward to more updates on your running adventure.

opus2 said...

oops, i wrote "A New Beginner". Freudian slip. I mean "A New Beginning"!